ProfessionalsProfessionals employed by Meditrans meet all of the requirements imposed by Dutch law and their professional bodies. They work in the field of medical care and are equipped with everything they need to escort the patient safely and reliably. They are the face of our organisation and they ensure that the patient receives personal attention.
Professionals interested in being assigned as a medical escort by Meditrans on an on-call basis must:
- Be qualified as a:
o general or psychiatric nurse (A, B, HBO-V, SPV), possibly specialising in an area such as (general) intensive care, anaesthesia or ambulance nursing (IC, BBIC, SEH, SOSA) with additional training in ALS or ATLS
o Basic doctor
o medical specialist in training (AIOS)
- Be listed in the BIG register
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid vaccination certificate
- Have an interest in travel and different cultures, standards and values
- Be able to speak and write English (a command of other languages is an advantage)
- Have sufficient time to undertake trips of at least 4 days and possibly up to 7 days (in the case of more distance destinations such as Australia and New Zealand)
Meditrans is especially interested in professionals with a visa for and/or ability to speak the language of less accessible countries (such as China, India and Russia).<br />
Professionals interested in being assigned must supply Meditrans with (electronic) copies of their certificates (of specialisation and/or further training), BIG registration, passport (including their citizen service number (BSN) and vaccination certificate.